In the spirit of retrospective looks back on the year, here are some memorable youtube videos I came across this year. And because of my very spotty memory, by “this year” I mostly mean “whatever I remember from the last 4 months or so.” Without further ado, I bring to you my top 6 personal youtube favorites of 2007! In random order! Woooooo! I…don’t know what we’re yelling about! Loud Noises!!
1) You think your wedding day was/will be stressful? Watch this and count your blessings:
2) You think you know what “androgynous” means? Give it some more thought after watching this (you have to watch at least to the 1 minute mark):
3) I never knew birds had such rhythm. Perfectly synchronized foot/leg swinging and stomping. This bird is a natural. His/Her infectious dancing spreads in a matter of seconds to the bird at the left of the screen in the background.
4) Ever wonder why some white chicks (or any young girl…or guy) flash up gang signs whenever a camera is within sight? This next guy pondered that same question — and wrote a song about it. (oh…watch for the coffee mug. it basically pushes the video to awesomeness level.)
5) I love nerds who love sports. (So yes, I love myself.) Paul Brogan artfully remixes Fergilicious, Mims’ “This Is Why I’m Hot,” and Nelly Furtado to make some great comments on the state of the NBA.
6) This next video is one I used to watch at least once everyday to make me smile. Now I watch it every week. At least. “Baby juggah” “Blood-duh” “Not funny!”
I know I’m forgetting at least 17 other ones. So if you happen to know any more, please let me know. I cannot let the year wind down without giving those other videos some recognition.